Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding at Hellifield Community Primary School
Schools receive funding, described as ‘Primary PE and Sport Premium’ which is used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport on offer.
This money is used to -
• develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
• build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
There are five key indicators that we consider when allocating the PE and Sport Premium Funding:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Reports on the impact of the funding can be found below.